Buy Prednisone Online
Active Ingredient: Prednisone
The drug Prednisone has been approved by the FDA as a drug to help in the fight against allergic reactions and to reduce and suppress inflammatory reactions in the body and as immunosuppressive tools. At the moment, Prednisone is actively used in combination with other drugs in the treatment of cancer.
What you need to know before buying Prednisone
One of the most frequently prescribed anti-inflammatory drugs in the world is Prednisone. In some cases, this remedy is indispensable, often occurs and so the drug can save a person's life. They can be treated both children and adults. Prednisone is available in various dosage forms and dosages. And any patient who wants to buy Prednisone should know not only about the advantages of this drug and its indications, but also its disadvantages and side effects.
• On activity and other parameters close to Prednisolone. Initially, Prednisone is a metabolically inactive drug (prodrug). It is activated in the liver by hydroxylation and transformation into Prednisolone. Therefore, in severe liver disease, it is not recommended to use it. The main advantage of Prednisone is its lower cost.
Prednisone is a glucocorticoid (steroid hormones synthesized by the adrenal cortex) that has a wide range of effects on the body, reduces inflammation and suppresses immune system reactions.due to the decline in the secretion of mediators of inflammation, inhibition of the release of fat cells histamine, a suppression of activity in the composition of blood lymphocytes. Prednisone reduces the sensitivity of receptors in various tissues to inflammatory mediators.
The main functions of the drug:
The mechanism of action of the drug in many ways is still not exactly established. We can only say that it affects almost all stages of the inflammatory process, suppresses the synthesis of inflammatory mediators – cytokines and histamine, prevents the migration of cells of the immune system. Any medication, which is composed of Prednisone, affects special glucocorticosteroid receptors located in various tissues. Especially many such receptors in tissues of the liver.
• Prednisone reduces the permeability of cell walls and has a moderate vasoconstrictor effect. It also affects the metabolism – lipids, proteins, carbohydrates, sodium and calcium ions, retains water in the body. The effect of the drug on protein metabolism is that it reduces the amount of albumins in plasma and increases their number in the liver, reduces protein synthesis in muscle tissue. The effect on lipid metabolism is to enhance the synthesis of higher fatty acids and triglycerides, redistribution of adipose tissue. The effect on carbohydrate metabolism is expressed in the increased absorption of glucose from the gastrointestinal tract, stimulating the flow of glucose from the liver into the blood. For these reasons, Prednisone contributes to hyperglycemia.
Prednisone retains sodium in the body, but stimulates the excretion of potassium, reduces bone mineralization and slows the absorption of calcium from the gastrointestinal tract. The mechanism by which the anti-inflammatory effect of the drug is realized is versatile. First of all, Prednisone prevents the release of inflammatory mediators from mast cells, reduces capillary permeability, stabilizes cell membranes. In addition, Prednisone disrupts the synthesis of prostaglandins from arachidonic acid, cytokines (interleukins, a special protein – tumor necrosis factor).
• Prednisone possesses an immunosuppressive effect. It prevents the interaction of different types of lymphocytes and their migration, reduces the intensity of antibody formation, blocks the release of interferons.
The antiallergic effect is explained by a decrease in the secretion of inflammatory mediators, inhibition of histamine release from mast cells, suppression of the activity of lymphocytes in the blood. Prednisone reduces the sensitivity of receptors in various tissues to inflammatory mediators.
• The therapeutic effect of the drug in obstructive processes in the respiratory tract due to the effect on inflammation, reducing swelling of the mucous membranes and mucus viscosity, increasing the sensitivity of adrenoreceptors to sympathomimetics.
When shock states Prednisone increases blood pressure and reduces the permeability of blood vessels, exerts membrane-protective effect, stimulates the involved in the metabolism of liver enzymes. Also, the drug prevents the development of lymphoid and connective tissue.
When should I take Prednisone?
The scope of use of the drug is extremely wide, and it is often necessary to use it in different dosage forms in different situations. This means that the patient is not always free to move from tablets to injections.
In general, the drug is most often used to relieve symptoms of inflammation of medium and high severity. This process can be localized in the following parts of the body:
- Musculoskeletal system,
- Blood system,
- Gastrointestinal tract,
- Nervous system,
Also, one of the main directions of the drug is to combat systemic allergic reactions, such as angioedema and anaphylactic shock, especially when they take the scale that threatens the functioning of the body. And the use of medication in the form of injection or taking a pill in such a situation can save a person's life.
• Another important area of application of the drug, in which it is able to prevent the development of life-threatening processes – is anti-shock therapy. Often Prednisone is prescribed for various shock conditions. It can be cardiogenic, burn, surgical, toxic, traumatic shock. Here Prednisone is most often used in the case of inefficiency of vasoconstrictors and other symptomatic therapy.
The drug is also used in such a dangerous complication as brain edema. This condition can occur as a result of injuries, infectious and inflammatory processes, surgery.
• Often, Prednisone is prescribed for severe injuries, burns, including the gastrointestinal tract, and upper respiratory tract, poisoning.
Also, the drug is used in severe asthma, systemic connective tissue diseases (systemic lupus erythematosus, scleroderma, rheumatoid arthritis).
Acute and chronic joint diseases in which the doctor may prescribe Prednisone:
- Arthritis (gout, psoriatic, juvenile),
- Osteoarthritis (including post-traumatic),
- Scapulohumeral periarthritis,
- Syndrome still's,
Often Prednisone is appointed and in diseases of the skin:
- Dermatitis (contact, seborrheic, exfoliative, bullous herpetiform),
- Lyell syndrome,
- A toxicoderma,
- Stevens-Johnson syndrome.
Indications for the drug also include eye diseases of allergic and inflammatory nature – allergic conjunctivitis, sympathetic ophthalmia, uveitis, optic neuritis. And the use of medication for such diseases helps not only to relieve swelling and inflammation, but often to avoid loss of vision.
• Also Prednisone is prescribed for congenital adrenal hyperplasia, berylliosis, Lefler syndrome, multiple sclerosis, thyrotoxicosis, acute hepatitis, hepatic coma, severe kidney diseases.
Extensive scope of the drug – diseases of the circulatory system and hematopoiesis. The diagnoses in which specialists can prescribe Prednisone include:
- Anemia (autoimmune hemolytic, erotrocytic, congenital hypoplastic),
- Lymphocytic leukaemia,
- Myeloid leukaemia,
Prednisone is also prescribed for some types of cancer, for example, lung cancer, myeloma. In addition, the drug is useful in the treatment of complications of cancer, such as hypercalcemia. Also Prednisone is prescribed to reduce nausea and vomiting in the treatment of cytostatic agents.
• The ability of the drug to suppress the immune response is useful not only in the treatment of autoimmune diseases. Due to this feature, Prednisone is prescribed for the prevention of rejection of transplanted donor organs.
It is necessary to note one important fact – after all, many people forget about this disadvantage of the drug. Despite the fact that the main purpose of Prednisone – fighting inflammation, this does not mean that the tool will be effective in infectious diseases. Moreover, in diseases caused by bacteria or viruses, taking the drug is not recommended. Here it should be remembered that one of the properties of the drug – suppression of immunity. And the use of the drug can lead to the fact that bacteria and viruses in the body, exposed to the action of Prednisone, will feel at ease. Therefore, if without the drug in such a case can not do, it should be used as part of the complex therapy, which should also include measures aimed at the destruction of pathogens, such as antibiotics.
• Often Prednisone is prescribed in replacement therapy, in case of insufficient functional activity of the adrenal glands. However, in this case, it should be borne in mind that the mineralocorticoid activity of the drug is lower than that of hydrocortisone. Therefore, a patient with insufficient adrenal function should be treated not only with Prednisone, but also with mineralocorticoids.
It also affects the adrenal glands, inhibiting the production of their natural hormones. Therefore, with long-term use of the drug, adrenal dysfunction may occur, which becomes noticeable after administration. Over time, this phenomenon usually passes.
Tablets have the widest range of indications. They are used in:
- Endocrine pathologies;
- Connective tissue diseases, joint inflammation;
- Chronic and acute allergic reactions;
- Bronchial asthma, diseases of blood and hematopoietic system;
- Skin disease;
- Eye disease;
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and lungs;
- Autoimmune diseases of the kidneys;
- Swelling of the brain (after parenteral therapy);
- For the prophylaxis of vomiting associated with cytotoxic therapy;
- To prevent rejection of transplants.
Prednisone in the form of injections is used when:
- Shock condition;
- Allergic reactions, especially in severe and acute forms;
- Brain edema;
- Connective tissue diseases, rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus;
- Severe bronchial asthma;
- Thyrotoxic crisis;
- Acute hepatitis, hepatic coma;
- Acute adrenal insufficiency.
The tool can be used not in all cases. However, here it is necessary to take into account the seriousness of the situation in which it is assigned. If we are talking about stopping a strong allergic reaction, such as anaphylactic shock, then all possible bans fade into the background. After all, we are talking about a life-threatening condition. Such indications are called vital. With life indications, the only case where you can not take the remedy is its individual intolerance.
• However, when it comes to long-term therapy with Prednisone, there are situations when it can not be taken, are much more common. Quite a significant list of contraindications should be attributed to the disadvantages of the drug.
As in the case of indications, contraindications for different dosage forms may not coincide. The widest list of contraindications for tablets and solution.
• In General, the list of prohibitions is based on the types of effects that produces Prednisone on the body. For example, despite the fact that the drug is prescribed for some cardiovascular diseases, it can not be used for acute or subacute myocardial infarction. This is due to the fact that Prednisone blocks the formation of scar tissue on the heart. As a result, the necrosis area on the heart may expand, and may even rupture the heart.
It should also be borne in mind that Prednisone affects the production of glucose in the body. This means that it can help to increase body weight. Therefore, people who are obese should also not use the product. In addition, it stimulates the production of pepsin and hydrochloric acid in the stomach, which determines its prohibition in peptic ulcer of this organ and duodenum.
With caution, the remedy is prescribed in the form of tablets and a solution when:
- Renal and hepatic insufficiency;
- Cushing's disease;
- Obesity 3-4 degrees;
- Systemic osteoporosis;
- Psychoses, including history;
- The poliomyelitis;
The downside of the tool (unlike other glucocorticosteroids), is that it is prohibited in violation of the metabolism of arachidonic acid.
Among the diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, in which the drug is prescribed with caution, include:
- Gastric and duodenal ulcer,
- Ulcerative colitis with the threat of perforation,
- Peptic ulcer.
Not recommended for use in acute or chronic infections of viral or bacterial nature, parasitic diseases. And this is not surprising, because Prednisone inhibits many immune mechanisms, so the disease takes a heavy or prolonged nature. Special care should be taken with tuberculosis, various types of herpes, mycoses, amoebiasis. In some cases, the use of funds for infectious diseases is permissible, however, subject to the simultaneous conduct of adequate etiotropic therapy.
The drug should not be used in patients undergoing vaccination, since the weakening of immunity caused by the drug can make it difficult to form resistance to the disease against which the vaccine is directed. The ban period lasts for 2 months before vaccination and 2 weeks after the procedure.
It is not recommended to use the drug for immunodeficiency conditions, including AIDS.
It is also not recommended for long-term use in children, as an excessive amount of Prednisone can adversely affect the formation of the young body. In pediatric practice, the tool can be used only under strict medical supervision, in the minimum effective dose and minimum short courses. In children, even local forms should be used with caution, since they are more likely to enter the systemic circulation than in adults, due to the greater ratio of body area to its mass in children.
The number of contraindications in ointment and eye drops is less than that of tablets and solution. And this is not surprising, because the drug in the form of ointments and drops acts only at the local level, without penetrating into the systemic circulation. Therefore, the disadvantages with this use of the drug is much less.
However, Prednisone ointment should not be used when:
- Bacterial, viral and fungal skin lesions;
- Tumors of the skin;
- Open wounds;
- Post-vaccination skin reactions;
- Trophic ulcer.
Do not use ointment for the treatment of infants (up to a year).
A woman should be careful to use the ointment in the event that she is pregnant or breastfeeding a child.
Drops are not recommended for use when:
- Increased intraocular pressure,
- Keratitis caused by herpes virus,
- Viral diseases of the cornea and conjunctiva,
- Infectious diseases of the eye,
- Epitheliopathy of the cornea.
Due to the fact that the drug Prednisone is not allowed in a large number of cases, before starting therapy, the patient should be examined for the presence of pathologies in which its reception can lead to negative consequences. The study should include examination of the cardiovascular system, stomach, urinary organs, eyes, blood tests (amount of glucose and electrolytes), chest radiography. During the period of therapy, periodic monitoring of the level of electrolytes, blood pressure, glucose level, the state of the organs of vision is necessary. Recommended control of a condition of bones and joints.
The drug affects various biochemical and physiological processes in the body. This means that it affects different body systems and groups of organs.
The main systems that may cause side effects when taking medication:
- Gastrointestinal tract,
- Respiratory system,
On the part of the endocrine system, the following types of side effects are possible:
- Reduced glucose tolerance,
- Steroid diabetes,
- Oppression of adrenal function,
- Cushing's syndrome,
- Delayed sexual development in children.
On the part of the gastrointestinal tract, the following negative phenomena are possible:
- Appetite reduction,
- Ulcer of the stomach and duodenum,
Side effects of the cardiovascular system:
- Changes of ECG parameters,
- Arterial hypertension.
With hand psychics and nervous system are possible the next violations:
- Manic-depressive psychosis,
- Increased intracranial pressure,
There may also be the following pathological phenomena associated with the eyes:
- Increased intraocular pressure up to damage to the optic nerve;
- Bacterial, viral or fungal eye infections;
- Trophic corneal changes;
- Sudden loss of vision due to crystallization of the active substance in the vessels of the eyes after parenteral administration to the head;
In addition, against the background of taking the drug, the following pathologies associated with metabolic disorders are found:
- Acceleration of potassium excretion from the body,
- Body weight gain,
- Fluid and sodium retention in the body,
- Weight loss.
When taking the drug, there is often a syndrome of hypokalemia, expressed in arrhythmias, severe fatigue and weakness, muscle pain. In children, ossification processes may slow down and growth may slow down. Therefore, the attending physician should monitor the dynamics of the child's growth in the case of long-term therapy.
Prednisone and Cancer
Medication Prednisone FDA approved to reduce inflammation and as immunosuppressive tools. Prednisone is used in combination with other drugs for the treatment of the following types of cancer:
- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL).
- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL).
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma.
- Fungal mycosis.
- Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
- Prostate cancer.
- Thymoma and thymus carcinoma.
Prednisone is used as a monotherapy or in combination with other drugs to prevent and treat the following pathological conditions caused by cancer:
- Anorexia (loss of appetite associated with chemotherapy).
- Hypersensitivity to drugs (allergic reaction).
- Hypercalcemia (increased concentration of calcium in the blood).
- Nausea and vomiting associated with chemotherapy.
- Thrombocytopenia (pathological decrease in the number of platelets in the blood).
Prednisone is also used as a monotherapy or in combination with other drugs for the treatment of many diseases and pathological conditions. The drug continues to be studied for further use in the treatment of other cancers.
"Prednisone" and "Prednisolone": differences
You already know the basic information from the instructions for both medications. What you can generalize the given information? What are the drugs "Prednisone" and "Prednisone" differences, if their composition is the same?
• The first difference that the consumer always pays attention to is the price. You already know that the drug "Prednisone" is much more expensive. But its plus and one more difference – the form of release. If the pill "Prednisolone" have to take 10 or more pieces per day, the same drug can be used in smaller quantities, which is very convenient.
The difference in drugs is that prednisone is considered a more proven drug. Consumers speak about it more well. This medicine has fewer side effects and therefore is safer. Patients state the fact that the tablets "Prednisone" is quite difficult to buy. They are practically not in pharmacies. When buying Prednisone online in our pharmacy, you will not have such problems, you can easily order Prednisone from any convenient place.